- What kind of projects will be developed within THE HIVE LAB?
- What will I get out of participating in THE HIVE LAB?
- How did the idea of THE HIVE LAB come about?
- Who will own the projects that get developed through THE HIVE LAB?
- Can other kinds of artists/creators apply besides film/video and digital makers?
- Can teams apply?
- I am not an Australian Resident. Can I apply?
- Is there any special knowledge base required to participate?
- When will you announce who has been selected to participate?
- Will you notify me even if I haven't been selected to participate?
- If I am selected, will I have an opportunity to share my past work at THE HIVE LAB?
- Can I send work as part of the application?
- Who makes the participant selections?
- Is my travel and accommodation covered?
- What happens in the evenings?
- Is there going to be a HIVE Production Fund?
- Who participated in The Hive in 2011?
We are seeking to bring together a group of artists and filmmakers to share their creative processes and approaches to encourage and inspire each other towards new forms of creative development and potentially new collaborations – with a view to the production of film and television in future years made by artists or non traditional approaches to filmmaking and screen-based storytelling.Top
The aim of THE HIVE LAB is to facilitate a process of exploration of process and projects, allowing practitioners the chance to explore their filmic ideas in the context of peers from across the artforms with the breadth of experience and opportunity for collaboration and inspiration that can bring. We hope that THE HIVE LAB will provide a springboard for a number of projects to quickly move through a development phase into production.Top
Since it was founded in 2003, the Adelaide Film Festival has had a strong commitment to celebrating the moving image in its myriad of forms – presenting a strong program of visual art and the moving image, and through the Adelaide Film Festival Investment Fund supporting a broad range of arthouse projects across a number of platforms. We are eager to find ways to bring film together with the arts to encourage new ways of making film and to invite artists to consider the medium of filmTop
The artists, filmmakers and/or producers will own their own projects.Top
The HIVE LAB is open to filmmakers and practicing artists from a variety of disciplines, who are interested in applying their practice across to film. Some level of experience is expected.Top
We are seeking individuals to apply and focussing on the key creative driver to come with their germ of an idea ready to explore it in conceptual terms only.Top
We expect the applicants and actual participants in THE HIVE LAB to be experienced practitioners within their artform area.Top
Yes, all applicants will be notified by email.Top
We strongly encourage workshop participants to share their work. There will be a variety of informal opportunities for doing so.Top
We will ask applicants to submit work if needed during the review process. You can provide a URL on the application but we cannot accept hard copies or digital files with your application.Top
A committee made up of ABC TV, Screen Australia, South Australia Film Corporation, Australia Council for the Arts and Adelaide Film Festival will select participants.Top
Participants will be attending Melbourne Festival productions and events and meeting artists from the program.Top
No decision has been made as yet. To stay in touch Like our Facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/TheHiveLabsTop
Full list of 2011 Participants… Alexis West Amiel Courtin-Wilson Amy Gebhardt Anna Broinowski Ashlee Page Bryan Mason Chris Drummond Garry Stewart Gideon Obarzanek Glendyn Ivin Jason Sweeney Kate Champion Lynette Wallworth Matthew Bate Matthew Whittet Meryl Tankard Michael Kantor Richard Tognetti Rose Myers Sophie Hyde Susan Norrie Tony Krawitz Full list of 2011 Mentors... Wendy Levy Bridget Ikin Penny Woolcock Gita Pullapilly Aron Gaudet Pamela Z Anita Ondine Laura Hilliger Samantha LangTop